Philips Respironics Machine Recall
Philips Respironics announced a voluntary recall for Continuous and Non-Continuous Ventilators
(certain CPAP, BiLevel PAP and Ventilator Devices) due to two issues related to the polyester-based
polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam used in these devices.
Please find the link for the manufacturer of the Philips Respironics Machine Recall Notification.
For information on the Recall Notice, a complete list of impacted products, and potential health risks.
Please follow the below instructions:
1) It is highly recommended to immediately discontinue the Philips Respironics DreamStation-1
2) We as DME vendor will not be able to replace machine with different brand as Philips Respironics
will replace/repair the unit free of cost (we have no information on the timeline).
3) Keep yourself updated by visiting our website or Philips Respironics website for future enquiries.
4) Philips is working tirelessly to remedy this issue by replacing/repairing the affected devices.
5) Please register your devices with the manufacturer website
6) We are committed to resolving this issue and providing transparent, ongoing communication as we
navigate the next steps.
7) If you have any health concerns/issues, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with the
physician to discuss further.
Thank you for your continued trust.
Sanjeev Kohli M.D
Diplomate, American Board of Sleep Medicine